cool stuff like this every week!
Linky & Dinky at home...
50. George Clooney sometimes sleeps
in the walk-in closet of his LA mansion because, he says, "all
the bedrooms are too light".
49. In 1985, Teri Hatcher played
a dancing mermaid on The Love Boat. "That was the first job
I ever had" she says. "I left college before finishing
my math degree to go do that".
48. While attending Princeton, Prison Break
star Wentworth Miller traveled the world performing with
the school's acapella group, The Princeton Tigertones
47. Matthew Perry is missing part
of his middle finger on his right hand due to a door-shutting
46. Diane Lane's mom, Colleen Farrington,
was playboy's Miss October 1957 (the ex playmate was also pregnant
in one of her photo shoots)
45. Early in her career, Whitney Houston
sang the jingle used in commercials for Bounce fabric sheets.
44. A childhood virus left Rob Lowe
completely deaf in his right ear. "No stereo for me"
he says "It's a mono world".
43. Even though she appears in ads for Tommy
Hilfiger's True Star fragrances, Beyonce is reportedly
allergic to perfume.
42. After Drew Barrymore posed for
Playboy in 1995, Steven Spielberg sent a note that said
"cover yourself up" along with a quilt and a copy of
the magazine with all her pictures altered so that she appeared
41. Jake Gyllenhaal got his first
driving lesson from family friend Paul Newman
40. At age 10, Justin Timberlake
won 1991 pre-teen Mr. America pageant. The following year, he
became the first male winner of America's Universal Charm pageant.
39. Before becoming an actress, Aussie Naomi
Watts worked as an assistant fashion editor at a fashion magazine
called Follow Me.
38. Colin Farrell says that Marilyn
Monroe was the first woman he fell in love with. "I used
to leave Smarties, the Irish equivalent of M&Ms, under my
pillow with a little note saying, "I know you're dead but
these are very tasty and you should come and have a few. i wont
37. Gwen Stefani admits that she's
had only two boyfriends in her life: No Doubt band mate Tony Kanal
and husband Gavin Rossdale.
36. As a 2nd grader Jamie Foxx was
so talented at telling jokes, his teacher used him as a reward.
If the class behaved, Jamie would entertain them.
35. Butt-Kicking Kill Bill siren Uma
Thurman is a crafty one. "I knit" she admits, adding
"I love glue gun projects"
34. Keira Knightley was Queen Amidala's
decoy in Star Wars: Episode 1 though the film was promoted as
if Natalie Portman played both roles.
33. Though Christina Aguilera is
of Ecuadorian descent and recorded an album in Spanish, she doesn't
speak the language. I gathered that when she said mai gousta kantaar
32. In 1993, Jessica Simpson tried
out for the Mickey Mouse Club but panicked after watching Christina
Aguilera audition. "I froze and forgot everything" she
says. She lost out to both Christina and Britney Spears.
31. Eva Longoria starred in the 2004
flick Carlita's Secret, a crime drama in which she shared a same-sex
smooch with actress Maria Bravo. "It was the most fun i've
ever had kissing somebody".
30. In the early 70s, Richard Gere
played Danny Zuko in a London production of Grease.
29. Tom Cruise admits that he still
does the Risky Business underwear dance when hes at home alone.
He calls it his "dance of freedom".
28. As a child, Jim Carrey wore tap
shoes to bed just in case his parents needed cheering up in the
middle of the night.
27. Christina Applegate attended
the 1989 MTV Movie Awards with Brad Pitt, but dumped him at the
event and left with someone else. "We were really good friends
when I was about 16. We went to the awards and I ditched him!
I left him there and I feel really bad about it...I really really
do. I left with somebody else"
26. In a high school talent show, Matt
Damon performed the talking heads' "Burning Down the
25. Mariah Carey was nicknamed "Mirage"
in high school because she never showed up for class.
24. Angelina Jolie's uncle who looks
just like John Voight, Chip Taylor, wrote the song "Wild
23. Catherine Zeta Jones' father
owned a candy factory, but the star says she rarely indulged:
"I had so many sweets and candy hanging around my house that
I never even bothered with them".
22. Comic actor Jack Black is the
son of rocket scientists. His mother worked on the Hubble telescope,
and his father worked on "some stuff that i can't tell you
about," Jack says.
21. Jennifer Love Hewitt sent Matt
Damon an inflatable bed because she read he didn't feel like
he has a bed of his own. She never heard back and now, he "looks
at me a little weird".
20. At the age of 7, Reese Witherspoon
appeared in a television commercial fora local Nashville Florist.
19. Paris Hilton has size 11 feet!
"All those super cute shoes like Guccis and Monolos look
like clown shoes on me"
18. Russell Crowe was once a pompadoured
singer named Russ Le Roq. His first single was "I want to
be like marlon brando"...even though he'd never seen a Brando
movie when he wrote the song.
17. Madonna is related to both Gwen
Stefani and Celine Dion. Gwen's great aunt's mother-in-law
shares the same last name as Madonna Ciccone and an ancestor of
Madonna's mother was married to a distant relative of Celine's
16. Grey's Anatomy star Patrick Dempsey
began his career as a juggling unicycle-riding clown.
15. Tara Reid attended high school
in New Jersey with American Idol contestant Constantine Maroulis.
14. Julia Roberts' left eye tears
up when she gets nervous.
13. Struggling actress Charlize Theron
landed her first agent in a bank. He signed her after witnessing
her throwing a fit at a bank teller who refused to cash her check.
12. When he was little, Ben Affleck
asked his mom for a dog and she tested him by making him walk
an imaginary pup for a week. In the end, he only lasted five days
and didn't get the dog.
11. Brittany Murphy claims she started
speaking at 4 and a half months. She also says she was a very
"energetic child, really bubbly...extremely precocious"
10. Demi Moore, who has earned up
to 20 million per movie, first found work as a bill collector
09. Heidi Klum is an avid painter
and several of her works have appeared in US art magazines.
08. Daryl Hannah is co creator of
the board game Liebrary
07. Both Olsen twins had to wear
fake teeth during the later years of Full House because their
smiles began to look different.
06. In 1985, a four year old Alicia Keys
appeared on The Cosby Show as one of the guests at Rudy's slumber
05. Usher holds the Star Search record
for the longest note by a child: 12.1 seconds
04. Claire Danes has a swing in her
apartment. "My parents had a swing, a trapeze and a trampoline
in their apartment, I was inspired by that"
03. American Beauty star Thora Birch's
mom acted in 21 adult films including Deep Throat under the name
Carol Connors before retiring in 1993.
02. Halle Berry used to date New
Kid on the Block Danny Wood. They broke up because the band thought
she was a groupie.
01. Brad Pitt belonged to the Key
Club and the Forensics Club in High School, and before he became
an actor he supported himself as a chauffeur, a furniture mover
and a costumed mascot for the restaurant, El Pollo Loco.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]